This was the featured recipe in an email that I received today from the www.weightwatchers.com website: Forget Chinese take-out: This sweet and savory chicken recipe is delicious and a breeze to make. It's wonderful served over brown rice.
- 4 medium scallions, chopped (green and white parts)
- 14.79 ml gingerroot, fresh, chopped
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 453.59 g uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 566.99 g can pineapple, packed in juice, use tidbits
- 59.14 ml black bean sauce
- 473.18 ml brown rice, cooked, kept warm (regular or instant)
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and set pan over medium-high heat. Add scallions, ginger and garlic; cook until soft, about 3 minutes. Add chicken and cook until lightly browned on all sides, stirring often, about 5 minutes.
- Add pineapple (with its juice) and black bean sauce to skillet; bring to a simmer. Simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes more.
- Divide rice among 4 shallow bowls and spoon chicken mixture over top. Yields about 1 cup of chicken and 1/2 cup of rice per serving.