Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 45 mins
Cook 20 mins
"WOR" in Chinese means "everything", so Wor Wonton Soup means a wonton soup that has everything in it... This is a meal in itself!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground pork
- 8 medium cooked shrimp (chopped)
- 12 medium cooked shrimp (or more)
- 1 cooked pork chop (thinly sliced strips)
- 1 chicken breast (cooked or fried and cut into thinly sliced strips)
- 1⁄2 lb sliced mushrooms
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts
- 1 teaspoon chopped gingerroot
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 1 teaspoon sherry wine
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons flat-leaf Italian parsley (minced)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 7 cups chicken broth
- 1 (6 -8 ounce) package snow peas (optional)
- 1 bunch scallion (thinly sliced)
- salt and pepper
- egg roll wrap (makes larger wontons)
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add ground pork and brown until no longer pink.
- Add ginger root, soy sauce, 1 tablespoon sesame oil, sherry, beaten egg, 2 tablespoons minced flat-leaf parsley, garlic powder, 4 thinly sliced scallions, salt and pepper to taste.
- Continue cooking 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the cooked chopped shrimp.
- Remove from heat, mix thoroughly and allow to cool slightly.
- That is your filling for the wontons.
- Place a small amount of water into a small bowl to use for sealing the wontons.
- Place a tablespoon or more of the filling into the center of each wrapper.
- Moisten edges with water, fold up corner of wrapper over the filling and press firmly to seal.
- It will look like a triangle.
- Hold filled wonton by the tip with the longest side down.
- Gently wrap corners around filled part, moisten with water and gently pinch to seal.
- The finished wonton resembles a nurse’s hat.
- Set wontons aside on an oiled plate& continue with remaining wontons.
- The reason for oiling the plate is to prevent wontons from sticking.
- Place the chicken broth& 2 tablespoons of sesame oil into a large pot and bring to a light boil.
- Add sliced mushrooms, sliced water chestnuts and snow peas.
- Add wontons individually and cook until they float, about 1 or 2 minutes.
- Ladle soup into individual large soup bowls with as many wontons per person as desired.
- Top with strips of pork, strips of chicken, as many whole cooked shrimp as desired, and several slices of hard-boiled egg.
- Garnish with sliced and cut up pieces of scallions and Italian flat-leaf parsley on top and serve.
I loved it and so did everyone else!!Its a meal in itself!! Thanks