1 hr 5 mins
Alan Leonetti's Note:
"WOR" in Chinese means "everything", so Wor Wonton Soup means a wonton soup that has everything in it... This is a meal in itself!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs ground pork
- 8 medium cooked shrimp (chopped)
- 12 medium cooked shrimp (or more)
- 1 cooked pork chop (thinly sliced strips)
- 1 chicken breast (cooked or fried and cut into thinly sliced strips)
- 1/2 lb sliced mushrooms
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts
- 1 teaspoon chopped gingerroot
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 1 teaspoon sherry wine
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons flat-leaf Italian parsley (minced)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 7 cups chicken broth
- 1 (6 -8 ounce) package snow peas (optional)
- 1 bunch scallion (thinly sliced)
- salt and pepper
- egg roll wrap (makes larger wontons)
- 1Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- 2Add ground pork and brown until no longer pink.
- 3Add ginger root, soy sauce, 1 tablespoon sesame oil, sherry, beaten egg, 2 tablespoons minced flat-leaf parsley, garlic powder, 4 thinly sliced scallions, salt and pepper to taste.
- 4Continue cooking 3 to 5 minutes.
- 5Add the cooked chopped shrimp.
- 6Remove from heat, mix thoroughly and allow to cool slightly.
- 7That is your filling for the wontons.
- 8Place a small amount of water into a small bowl to use for sealing the wontons.
- 9Place a tablespoon or more of the filling into the center of each wrapper.
- 10Moisten edges with water, fold up corner of wrapper over the filling and press firmly to seal.
- 11It will look like a triangle.
- 12Hold filled wonton by the tip with the longest side down.
- 13Gently wrap corners around filled part, moisten with water and gently pinch to seal.
- 14The finished wonton resembles a nurse’s hat.
- 15Set wontons aside on an oiled plate& continue with remaining wontons.
- 16The reason for oiling the plate is to prevent wontons from sticking.
- 17Place the chicken broth& 2 tablespoons of sesame oil into a large pot and bring to a light boil.
- 18Add sliced mushrooms, sliced water chestnuts and snow peas.
- 19Add wontons individually and cook until they float, about 1 or 2 minutes.
- 20Ladle soup into individual large soup bowls with as many wontons per person as desired.
- 21Top with strips of pork, strips of chicken, as many whole cooked shrimp as desired, and several slices of hard-boiled egg.
- 22Garnish with sliced and cut up pieces of scallions and Italian flat-leaf parsley on top and serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wor Wonton Soup
Serving Size: 1 (977 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 918.6
- Calories from Fat 552
- Total Fat 61.3 g
- Saturated Fat 19.3 g
- Cholesterol 394.2 mg
- Sodium 1937.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 71.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: