1/2 Photos of Won Ton Appetizers
melting pot's Note:
These are so cute! Be careful- don't let these dry out while you're finishing them off, or they'll become sticky. Keep a damp teatowel over them. They're very healthy too. The amount of wrappers needed is just an approximation. I've given two sauces, choose whichever you like. The first one is a traditional one, the second one isn't. Also, if you feel the chives are a bit fiddly, place on a tray and bake these at 170 degrees C for 10 minutes for a healthy alternative to deep frying.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 250 g ground lean pork
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 250 g water chestnuts, finely diced
- 50 g shallots, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon finely ground black pepper
- 2 bunches chives
- 50 wonton wrappers
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 liter water
- 1 egg
- 1In a medium sized bowl, mix the pork mince, garlic, shallots, egg (NOT the eggwhite) and water chestnuts.
- 2Add the soy sauce, sugar, corn flour and pepper. Mix well.
- 3Take one won ton wrapper and place a teaspoon of filling into the middle.
- 4Wrap the wrapper around the filling to form a parcel. Pinch the edges firmly together to seal.
- 5Repeat until either all of the wrappers or the filling is used.
- 6Bring the water and salt to boil in a saucepan. Dump half of the wontons into the water.
- 7Meanwhile, line two plates with kitchen paper.
- 8When the water is boiling again, use a slotted spoon to remove the wontons. Place them on one of the plates. Cover with a damp tea towel.
- 9Dump the other half of the wontons into the pot. When the water starts boiling again, remove the wontons and place on the other plate. Cover with another damp tea towel.
- 10Using the thin green end of the chive, take a wonton and tie a knot around the neck of the wonton. Carefully tighten. Use scissors and trim so that the ends are even. Place on serving plate.
- 11Repeat with remaining wontons.
- 12Serve warm with dipping sauces.
- 13For sauce 1: Mix in a bowl and serve.
- 14For sauce 2: Place the jam in a bowl and heat on low in the microwave for 30-45 seconds, or until soft.
- 15Add the sweet chilli sauce and fish sauce, combine and serve.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Won Ton Appetizers
Serving Size: 1 (220 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 400.0
- Calories from Fat 97
- Total Fat 10.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 67.0 mg
- Sodium 1664.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 17.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sweet chili sauce