Put leftover chicken to excellent use in this tangy, creamy chicken salad. It tastes great served over a bed of baby Asian salad greens or in a lettuce cup. 4 POINTS per serving.
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon gingerroot, freshly grated
- 1 lb cooked boneless skinless chicken breast, thinly sliced or shredded
- 1⁄2 cup snow peas, cut in half lengthwise on a diagonal
- 1⁄2 cup sweet red pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup scallion, sliced
- 4 pieces bibb lettuce
- Whisk mayonnaise, soy sauce and ginger together in a large bowl until blended.
- Add chicken, snow peas, peppers, carrots and scallions; toss to mix and coat. Serve immediately in lettuce cups or cover and refrigerate up to 1 day. Yields about 1 1/4 cups per serving.