1/1 Photo of Weight Watchers Cashew Chicken
Yummy WW recipe from a recent meeting; good alternative for those of us for don't want to give up our Chinese food :) 8 points per serving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth, divided
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 8 ounces canned bamboo shoots, drained
- 8 ounces canned water chestnuts, sliced, drained
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups cooked white rice, kept hot
- 1 3/4 ounces roasted cashews, chopped (about 6 Tbsp)
- 1Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook 1 minute. Season chicken on both sides with salt and pepper and add to skillet. Cook until browned on all sides, stirring frequently, about 4 minutes.
- 2Add 1 cup of broth, soy sauce, celery, bamboo shoots and water chestnuts to chicken and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- 3Dissolve cornstarch in remaining 1/2 cup of broth. Add cornstarch mixture to skillet and simmer until sauce thickens, stirring constantly, about 1 minute.
- 4To serve, divide rice among 4 shallow dishes. Spoon chicken mixture onto rice and sprinkle with cashews. Yields about 1 cup of chicken, 1/2 cup of rice and 1 1/2 tablespoons of cashews per serving.
- 5For a flavor boost, add 2 cups of chopped fresh baby bok choy in place of the bamboo shoots and water chestnuts. The tender greens will cook with the chicken in 5 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Weight Watchers Cashew Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (368 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 433.2
- Calories from Fat 102
- Total Fat 11.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 72.6 mg
- Sodium 795.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 31.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth