Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe was found on the net and posted by request. Original recipe was from Helen Chen's "Peking Cuisine". You can also use shrimp in place of chicken.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons rice wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 ounces walnut halves, toasted
- 3 -5 drops sesame oil
- Add marinade ingredients to chicken and mix well.
- Marinate for 10 minutes.
- While marinating chicken mix together the sauce ingredients.
- Set aside.
- Heat wok on high with the oil.
- Add the garlic and stir for a few seconds.
- Add the chicken and cook to 80% done.
- Reduce heat to medium and add the sauce, giving it a good stir.
- Cook for 1 minute.
- Add the walnuts and sesame oil.
- Cook for 1 minute more.
- Remove from heat and serve with rice and veggies.