Great little appetizer or finger food. Really tasty. Main reason I'm posting this delicious recipe is to thank Char for being such a sunshine.
- 1 small cucumber, peeled and julienned
- 1 small carrot, peel and julienned
- 1⁄4 cup mint leaf
- 3 tablespoons pickled ginger, finely sliced (optional)
- 40 g baby dou miao or 40 g snow pea sprouts
- 1 bunch chives, cut in 9 cm lengths
- 10 g enoki mushrooms (the Japanese golden mushroom)
- rice paper sheet (8cm X 22cm)
DIPPING SAUCE INGREDIENTS
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3 tablespoons Thai fish sauce
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 small red chilies, finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar or 1 tablespoon palm sugar
- Soften rice paper sheets by soaking in warm water.
- When soft and pliable, remove and place on a clean cotton cloth.
- Lay a small amount of the filling along the centre top of the rice paper.
- Fold one side in towards the centre, then fold the bottom up towards the top.
- Roll the wrap over towards the remaining side to make a neat roll.
- Repeat the process until the rice paper and filling are used up.
- Combine all dipping sauce ingredients into a bowl.
- Serve with rice paper rolls.