Great little appetizer or finger food. Really tasty. Main reason I'm posting this delicious recipe is to thank Char for being such a sunshine.
- 1 small cucumber, peeled and julienned
- 1 small carrot, peel and julienned
- 1⁄4 cup mint leaf
- 3 tablespoons pickled ginger, finely sliced (optional)
- 40 g baby dou miao or 40 g snow pea sprouts
- 1 bunch chives, cut in 9 cm lengths
- 10 g enoki mushrooms (the Japanese golden mushroom)
- rice paper sheet (8cm X 22cm)
DIPPING SAUCE INGREDIENTS
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3 tablespoons Thai fish sauce
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 small red chilies, finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar or 1 tablespoon palm sugar
- Soften rice paper sheets by soaking in warm water.
- When soft and pliable, remove and place on a clean cotton cloth.
- Lay a small amount of the filling along the centre top of the rice paper.
- Fold one side in towards the centre, then fold the bottom up towards the top.
- Roll the wrap over towards the remaining side to make a neat roll.
- Repeat the process until the rice paper and filling are used up.
- Combine all dipping sauce ingredients into a bowl.
- Serve with rice paper rolls.
This is a fantastic recipe. The dipping some is outstanding and certainly compliments the vegetable rice paper rolls. I just adore these types of meals where you have the tantalizing taste of sweet, sour, salty and spicy. Marriage made in food heaven this recipe is. We will be making this meal often. Thank you for sharing this recipe with us.
My first time using rice paper and it was so easy. This is a delish recipe. Thanks!
Just made the rolls...made my own peanut butter dipping sauce. Wish I had more direction about how to work with the rice paper...mine kind of fell apart and looked bad. I would also add cilantro next time.