By Ming Tsai.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 limes, juice of
- 1 lime, segments of
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil
- 1/4 cup Thai basil, whole
- 1/2 lb bean sprouts, hair removed
- 1 medium red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 medium carrot, peeled, julienned
- 1 lb smoked tofu or 1 lb tempeh, julienned
- 10 -15 rice paper sheets, 10 to 12 inches diameter, rehydrated
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1In a bowl whisk together juice, lime, mustard and sugar.
- 2Whisk in the oil and season.
- 3Toss with all the vegetables and tofu.
- 4Check for seasoning.
- 5Lay out 1 wrapper and place a small mound of mix near the bottom.
- 6Roll bottom towards the middle.
- 7Fold in both sides and continue rolling.
- 8Finish roll and let rest.
- 9Individually wrap each roll with plastic wrap.
- 10Will hold for 2 hours in the fridge.
- 11Remove wrap, slice on the bias and serve on top of extra salad.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetarian Summer Roll
Serving Size: 1 (83 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 119.8
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 39.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 1.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice paper sheets