Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
By Ming Tsai.
Make and share this Vegetarian Summer Roll recipe from Food.com.
- 2 limes, juice of
- 1 lime, segments of
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup grapeseed oil
- 1⁄4 cup Thai basil, whole
- 1⁄2 lb bean sprouts, hair removed
- 1 medium red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 medium carrot, peeled, julienned
- 1 lb smoked tofu or 1 lb tempeh, julienned
- 10 -15 rice paper sheets, 10 to 12 inches diameter, rehydrated
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- In a bowl whisk together juice, lime, mustard and sugar.
- Whisk in the oil and season.
- Toss with all the vegetables and tofu.
- Check for seasoning.
- Lay out 1 wrapper and place a small mound of mix near the bottom.
- Roll bottom towards the middle.
- Fold in both sides and continue rolling.
- Finish roll and let rest.
- Individually wrap each roll with plastic wrap.
- Will hold for 2 hours in the fridge.
- Remove wrap, slice on the bias and serve on top of extra salad.