1/1 Photo of Vegetarian Chop Suey
This is delicious! If you're short on time, use a packaged frozen vegetable medley for some of the fresh veggies. Use vegs. of your choice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 cup diagonally cut carrot
- 1/2 cup diagonally cut celery
- 2/3 cup sliced white button mushrooms
- 1 cup sliced bell pepper
- 2/3 cup coarsely shredded red cabbage
- 2 cups diagonally cut zucchini
- 2/3 cup mung bean sprouts
- 2/3 cup sliced green beans
- 2/3 cup snow peas
- 2/3 cup bamboo shoot
- 2/3 cup sliced water chestnuts
- 1 cup sliced tomato
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 1Cook the onion, garlic and ginger, stirring, in the oil over medium-high heat.
- 2Add the carrots and celery, and cook, stirring, 5 minutes.
- 3Add the mushrooms, peppers, cabbage and zucchini, and cook 3 minutes more.
- 4Add the bean sprouts, green beans, snow peas, bamboo shoots, water chestnuts and tomatoes, and cook 3 minutes more.
- 5Stir together the water, soy sauce and cornstarch; stir gently into the vegetable mixture.
- 6Cook until the sauce is thickened and all the vegetables are tender-crisp. Salt and pepper to taste.
- 7Serve over rice.
Browse Our Top Chinese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetarian Chop Suey
Serving Size: 1 (549 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 313.5
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 546.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.4 g
- Sugars 9.8 g
- Protein 9.1 g