This is one of my favorite dimsum. I found this recipe in another website, and I just had to share it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook shredded turnip with 1 cup of water for 5 minutes.
- 2Add some sugar if turnip is bitter.
- 3Heat 1 tspn of oil, stir fry Chinese sausage/ham, dry shrimp, mushrooms, shallots until done.
- 4Add black or white pepper if desired.
- 5Mix ingredients and rice flour with turnip.
- 6Add salt if desired.
- 7Note: this mixture should not be too thick.
- 8Turnip cake will turn hard if it is too thick.
- 9To steam: Choice (1) place step 5 mixture in a container and use steamer to steam for 50 minutes with high flame.
- 10Choice (2) If you do not have a steamer, use 8x8x2 baking pan.
- 11Cover baking pan with foil paper, pour in mixture.
- 12In a large deep pan, add water, position a bowl in center of pan, then, place baking pan on top of bowl.
- 13Put on lid and steam for 50 minutes with high flame.
- 14Chill turnip cake in room temperature.
- 15Slice cake into square or rectangular shape with a cleaver.
- 16Fry in pan with 1 tbspn of oil until golden brown on both sides.
- 17Sauce: Minced garlic and red chili pepper Mix with soy sauce, a drop of sesame oil and little bit of sugar.
- 18Ready to serve.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turnip Cake
Serving Size: 1 (61 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 159.1
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 27.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 2.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: