Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is one of my favorite dimsum. I found this recipe in another website, and I just had to share it!
- Cook shredded turnip with 1 cup of water for 5 minutes.
- Add some sugar if turnip is bitter.
- Heat 1 tspn of oil, stir fry Chinese sausage/ham, dry shrimp, mushrooms, shallots until done.
- Add black or white pepper if desired.
- Mix ingredients and rice flour with turnip.
- Add salt if desired.
- Note: this mixture should not be too thick.
- Turnip cake will turn hard if it is too thick.
- To steam: Choice (1) place step 5 mixture in a container and use steamer to steam for 50 minutes with high flame.
- Choice (2) If you do not have a steamer, use 8x8x2 baking pan.
- Cover baking pan with foil paper, pour in mixture.
- In a large deep pan, add water, position a bowl in center of pan, then, place baking pan on top of bowl.
- Put on lid and steam for 50 minutes with high flame.
- Chill turnip cake in room temperature.
- Slice cake into square or rectangular shape with a cleaver.
- Fry in pan with 1 tbspn of oil until golden brown on both sides.
- Sauce: Minced garlic and red chili pepper Mix with soy sauce, a drop of sesame oil and little bit of sugar.
- Ready to serve.
Sorry, but this recipe didn't work. I think 1 cup of water was insufficient; maybe at least 2-3 cups of water are needed.