Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe is a amalgam of 40 years of stir frying. Do what I did, add the things you like, delete the things you don't. Include ideas you found in other recipes and then file the serial number off and claim it's your's. It worked in my case.
- 1 -2 dried shiitake mushroom
- 1⁄3 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄4 cup rice wine (Dry Sherry is OK. NOT COOKING SHERRY)
- 4 tablespoons soya sauce (The best is made with soy beans, salt,and Water. Nothing else.)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 lb firm tofu, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons ginger, grated
- 1⁄4 cup cut bite size cauliflower
- 1⁄4 cup cut bite size broccoli
- 1⁄4 cup cut bite size snow peas
- 1⁄4 cup cut bite size baby carrots
- 1⁄4 cup cut bite size julinne red bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup cut bite size yellow bell pepper, julinne
- 1⁄4 cup cut bite size green onion, 1 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 lb fresh bean sprout
- sambal oelek
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- uncooked fine rice noodles
- Put the Shiitaki in a micro wave safe bowl with water to cover.
- Nuke for 22 seconds. Let set for 30 minutes.
- Mix the four marinade ingredients. Add the Tofu. Stir gently to coat.
- When the mushrooms are ready, drain and cut into thin slices the size of your thumb nail. Set aside.
- Heat the wok.
- Toast the Sesame Seeds 'til golden. Set aside.
- Add the Oil to wok. Swirl to coat. Add garlic and Ginger. Stir fry 1 minute.
- Add all the vegetables but snow peas and Bean sprouts. Stir fry 3-4 minutes.
- Add Snow peas, Stir fry 2 minutes.
- Push vegetables up the sides of the wok.
- Lift the Tofu from the marinade, set aside.
- Add the Sabal Oelek to the marinade, Mix well, add to the center of the wok. ***NOTE*** If you're not familiar with Sabal Oelek, it is an delicious asian chili paste but IT IS HOT! By all means got to know it but use caution try less than 1/4 teaspoon the first time. You can work you're way up as you learn.
- Stir 'til the sauce starts to thicken.
- Add the Tofu and Bean Sprouts, stir gently to mix.
- Heat through.
- Empty the wok into a serving bowl. keep warm.
- Quickly clean and dry the wok. Heat, add 3 TBS oil. Add noodles, stir as they puff.
- Place hot noodles on each plate. Top with the vegetables. Top with toasted Sesame Seeds. Serve.