1 hr 5 mins
Pierre Dance's Note:
This recipe is a amalgam of 40 years of stir frying. Do what I did, add the things you like, delete the things you don't. Include ideas you found in other recipes and then file the serial number off and claim it's your's. It worked in my case.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 -2 dried shiitake mushroom
- 1/3 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup rice wine (Dry Sherry is OK. NOT COOKING SHERRY)
- 4 tablespoons soya sauce (The best is made with soy beans, salt,and Water. Nothing else.)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 lb firm tofu, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons ginger, grated
- 1/4 cup cut bite size cauliflower
- 1/4 cup cut bite size broccoli
- 1/4 cup cut bite size snow peas
- 1/4 cup cut bite size baby carrots
- 1/4 cup cut bite size julinne red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup cut bite size yellow bell pepper, julinne
- 1/4 cup cut bite size green onion, 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 lb fresh bean sprout
- sambal oelek
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- uncooked fine rice noodles
- 1Put the Shiitaki in a micro wave safe bowl with water to cover.
- 2Nuke for 22 seconds. Let set for 30 minutes.
- 3Mix the four marinade ingredients. Add the Tofu. Stir gently to coat.
- 4When the mushrooms are ready, drain and cut into thin slices the size of your thumb nail. Set aside.
- 5Heat the wok.
- 6Toast the Sesame Seeds 'til golden. Set aside.
- 7Add the Oil to wok. Swirl to coat. Add garlic and Ginger. Stir fry 1 minute.
- 8Add all the vegetables but snow peas and Bean sprouts. Stir fry 3-4 minutes.
- 9Add Snow peas, Stir fry 2 minutes.
- 10Push vegetables up the sides of the wok.
- 11Lift the Tofu from the marinade, set aside.
- 12Add the Sabal Oelek to the marinade, Mix well, add to the center of the wok. ***NOTE*** If you're not familiar with Sabal Oelek, it is an delicious asian chili paste but IT IS HOT! By all means got to know it but use caution try less than 1/4 teaspoon the first time. You can work you're way up as you learn.
- 13Stir 'til the sauce starts to thicken.
- 14Add the Tofu and Bean Sprouts, stir gently to mix.
- 15Heat through.
- 16Empty the wok into a serving bowl. keep warm.
- 17Quickly clean and dry the wok. Heat, add 3 TBS oil. Add noodles, stir as they puff.
- 18Place hot noodles on each plate. Top with the vegetables. Top with toasted Sesame Seeds. Serve.
Browse Our Top Soy/Tofu Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Soy/Tofu Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tofu & Mixed Vegetable Stir Fry
Serving Size: 1 (165 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 315.5
- Calories from Fat 198
- Total Fat 22.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.6 mg
- Sodium 1058.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 10.9 g