1/11 Photos of Three-Cup Chicken
Grace Lynn's Note:
This is a traditional Taiwanese dish that we always order in our favorite Chinese restaurant. I begged the chef for this recipe and he very reluctantly gave it to me! I just made it for dinner tonight and couldn't wait to post this to share it with all of you!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup sesame oil
- 20 garlic cloves, minced (yes, twenty!)
- 10 slices thin fresh ginger
- 2 serrano peppers, thinly sliced with seeds
- 2 lbs chicken breasts or 2 lbs chicken thigh pieces, cut up into bite-size pieces
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup rice wine
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups Thai basil
- 1 cup of 1-inch sections scallion
- 1Heat up the sesame oil in a wok or a large skillet on high heat.
- 2Add garlic, ginger and serrano peppers, stir fry until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- 3Add the chicken pieces and cook until it's white in color, about 5 minutes.
- 4Stir together the soy sauce, rice wine and sugar in a bowl, pour over chicken.
- 5Bring to a boil, then turn down the heat to low.
- 6Let cook, uncovered, until sauce thickens, about 30 minutes.
- 7Turn heat back up to high and add basil and scallions, cook for another 2 minutes.
- 8Serve over steamed rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Three-Cup Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (368 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 668.4
- Calories from Fat 355
- Total Fat 39.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 145.2 mg
- Sodium 1491.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 10.8 g
- Protein 52.1 g