Prep 20 mins
Cook 16 mins
I took an International Culinary class in College and we learned a Potsticker similar to this one.. I changed it up according to my taste and I have never found one I like better
- 1 (6 ounce) can water, chestnts drained and diced
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- 1⁄4 cup grated carrot
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated gingerroot
- 1 (18 ounce) can white chicken meat
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 24 square wonton wrappers
- place wonton wraps on a nonstick cutting board and lightly brush each with water, lay one small scoop of filling into the center of wrap and fold closed, pressing ends tightly.
- Mist with seasme oil and sautee in skillet ten minutes.
- Pour 1/2 cup Chicken broth over dumplings.
- cover and simmer 6 -8 minutes.
My daughter and I made these tonight for her cooking lesson and we were both very pleased with the end result. It may be a bit unconventional, but we loved the flavors and texture. It was a good place to start for potstickers and we look forward to the next time.