- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce or 3 tablespoons tamari
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 8 pieces
- 8 pieces fresh pineapple, cut in chunks
- In a 2-quart baking dish, combine all marinade ingredients.
- Cut chicken thighs in half; add to marinade and cover.
- Refrigerating at least 2 hours, turning chicken once.
- Heat Grill.
- Drain chicken, reserving marinade, Alternately thread chicken, bell pepper, zucchini, and pineapple into four 12-inch metal or wooden skewers.
- (note: if using wooden skewers; soak in water for 20 minutes) When ready to grill, place kabobs on gas grill over medium heat or on charcoal grill 4-6 inches from med-high coals.
- Cook 15-20 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink, turning often and brushing frequently with reserved marinade.
- Discard any remaining marinade.
I used as a marinade for chicken, and it was very good. The chicken comes out slightly salty, slightly sweet. Thanks for a good recipe.
I have made this twice and my family has raved both times! I used sesame oil one of the times and it added a nice extra flavor! Thanks for a great recipe!
Easy and had great flavor. I didn't even let it marinate for the full 2 hrs and it was still great!