Cook2 hrs 10 mins
Recipe adapted from the "Help! My Apartment Has A Kitchen" cookbook. Super simple! Cooking time includes marinating time.
- Combine the soy sauce, brown sugar, oil, ginger, garlic powder and black pepper in a medium-size bowl. Set aside.
- Cut the chicken into strips. Add the chicken to the bowl and marinate in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours.
- Preheat the broiler. Make sure the top oven rack is in the highest position, just under the broiling unit.
- Place the chicken in a single layer on a baking sheet or thread the chicken strips onto skewers. Discard the marinade.
- Broil the chicken for 3 to 4 minutes per side, until it is completely white and is just beginning to turn brown.