1/1 Photo of Taiwanese Popcorn Chicken
if you've ever been to Taiwan, you've prob. had this at one point! if not, you're missing out! these are the approximate measurements i use, add more or less soy sauce to get your desired saltiness. sweet potato starch is used to coat the chicken to achieve the "street stall chicken" texture, if you cant find it you can use corn or potato starch but the texture will be different
My Private Note
small p ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1cut the chicken to 1 inch cubes.
- 2add the garlic, ginger, soy sauce, sugar, five spice, and sesame oil, marinate for at least half an hour in refrigerator.
- 3roll the chicken pieces in the sweet potato starch to cover evenly.
- 4heat oil to about 350 degrees Fahrenheit (if you throw some sweet potato starch in the oil, it should sink to the middle of the frying pan, then float to the top).
- 5carefully drop the chicken one piece at a time and fry for about 2 minutes or until done, turning at least once.
- 6remove from oil and place on paper towels, sprinkle white pepper and salt while hot, enjoy!
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Taiwanese Popcorn Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (103 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 222.3
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 46.4 mg
- Sodium 308.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 17.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Chinese five spice powder