Make and share this Szechuan Stir-Fried Beef recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb boneless beef top sirloin steak, trimmed of fat
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons fresh gingerroot, peeled and minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- Slice steak into thin slices, cutting across grain.
- In a small bowl, stir next eight ingredients together until smooth.
- Heat oil in a hot wok or deep skillet.
- Add garlic and beef strips; stir-fry over high heat for 3-4 minutes or until cooked to the medium stage.
- Quickly stir in sauce, continue to stir until sauce has lightly thickened and is bubbly.
- Serve immediately over rice.
- Crisp snow peas make the perfect accompaniment.