1/2 Photos of Szechuan Stir-Fried Beef
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb boneless beef top sirloin steak, trimmed of fat
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons fresh gingerroot, peeled and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1Slice steak into thin slices, cutting across grain.
- 2In a small bowl, stir next eight ingredients together until smooth.
- 3Heat oil in a hot wok or deep skillet.
- 4Add garlic and beef strips; stir-fry over high heat for 3-4 minutes or until cooked to the medium stage.
- 5Quickly stir in sauce, continue to stir until sauce has lightly thickened and is bubbly.
- 6Serve immediately over rice.
- 7Crisp snow peas make the perfect accompaniment.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Szechuan Stir-Fried Beef
Serving Size: 1 (159 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 369.0
- Calories from Fat 197
- Total Fat 21.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 75.9 mg
- Sodium 602.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 22.6 g