Prep 25 mins
Cook 4 mins
Make and share this Szechuan Stir-Fried Beef recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb boneless beef top sirloin steak, trimmed of fat
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons fresh gingerroot, peeled and minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- Slice steak into thin slices, cutting across grain.
- In a small bowl, stir next eight ingredients together until smooth.
- Heat oil in a hot wok or deep skillet.
- Add garlic and beef strips; stir-fry over high heat for 3-4 minutes or until cooked to the medium stage.
- Quickly stir in sauce, continue to stir until sauce has lightly thickened and is bubbly.
- Serve immediately over rice.
- Crisp snow peas make the perfect accompaniment.
This was so easy to make, and the flavor was incredible! My husband raved for hours afterward and made me promise to put it in our regular rotation of menu items! The only thing I did differently was to add julienned carrots, mushrooms, onions and bean sprouts so it was a one bowl meal.
This was great (not that I've come to expect anything but from Miller!!) I had forgotten to get Sherry, so had to make it without -- it was still great! Will definitely make sure I have sherry next time. Also, added toasted sesame seeds at the end. Again -- Thanks Miller! I've never made one of your recipes and not thoroughly enjoyed the outcome!
I am always on the lookout for new stirfry recipes, and this one will become a regular for me. Since I had a cut of beef that I felt required some marinating, I prepared the sauce, then drizzled a small amount of that onto the sliced beef. Then, to the beef, I added 1 tbsp of sherry vinegar; I let it marinate for approx 45 minutes, just long enough for the rice to cook. While my hubby set the table and put out the rice and steamed broccoli, I quickly stirfried the beef. The flavour of this dish was EXCELLENT. Many thanks for posting it!