1/1 Photo of Szechuan Orange Beef (Stir-Fry)
Easy, sweet, and spicy. Classic Szechuan stir-fry. Serve with a green vegetable over rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lean beef steak, sliced against the grain 1/4-inch thick and 2-inches long (easier if steaks are partially frozen)
- 2 fluid ounces peanut oil
- 2 dried red chili peppers, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon shaoxing rice wine or 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 1/2 tablespoons gingerroot, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1In a bowl, mix all marinade ingredients well and let meat marinate in mixture for 20 minutes.
- 2Combine sauce ingredients; set aside.
- 3Heat wok over high heat, then add peanut oil (be careful of splattering).
- 4Remove beef from marinade and stir-fry until browned (3 minutes).
- 5Remove and let drain through a sieve.
- 6Pour most of the oil out of the wok, reserving about 2 teaspoons.
- 7Reheat the oil, and when it's very hot and smoking slightly, add the dried chili peppers and stir-fry for about 10 seconds.
- 8Return the beef to the pan and add sauce.
- 9Stir-fry for 3 minutes, mixing well.
- 10Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Szechuan Orange Beef (Stir-Fry)
Serving Size: 1 (59 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 149.7
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 12.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 837.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 1.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: