1/4 Photos of Szechuan Noodles
From the Barefoot Contessa, this makes a great sidedish or lunch on it's own!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup tahini (sesame paste)
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 cup good soy sauce
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 1/4 cup sherry wine vinegar (or try 1/8 balsamic vinegar,1/8 red wine vinegar)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon hot chili oil
- 2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 yellow bell pepper, julienned
- 5 scallions, sliced diagonally (white and green parts)
- 1Place the garlic and ginger in a food processor fitted with a steel blade.
- 2Add the vegetable oil, tahini, peanut butter, soy sauce, sherry, sherry vinegar, honey, chili oil, sesame oil, and ground peppers.
- 3Puree the sauce.
- 4Add a splash of oil to a large pot of boiling salted water and cook the spaghetti until just done, not soft.
- 5Drain the pasta in a colander, place it in a large bowl, and while still warm, toss with 3/4 of the sauce.
- 6Add the red and yellow bell peppers and scallions; toss well.
- 7Serve warm or at room temperature.
- 8The remaining sauce may be added, as needed, to moisten the pasta.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Szechuan Noodles
Serving Size: 1 (258 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 815.3
- Calories from Fat 400
- Total Fat 44.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1464.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 85.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.0 g
- Sugars 17.3 g
- Protein 22.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sherry wine vinegar
hot chili oil