From the Barefoot Contessa, this makes a great sidedish or lunch on it's own!
Make and share this Szechuan Noodles recipe from Food.com.
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup tahini (sesame paste)
- 1⁄2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup good soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine vinegar (or try 1/8 balsamic vinegar,1/8 red wine vinegar)
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot chili oil
- 2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 yellow bell pepper, julienned
- 5 scallions, sliced diagonally (white and green parts)
- Place the garlic and ginger in a food processor fitted with a steel blade.
- Add the vegetable oil, tahini, peanut butter, soy sauce, sherry, sherry vinegar, honey, chili oil, sesame oil, and ground peppers.
- Puree the sauce.
- Add a splash of oil to a large pot of boiling salted water and cook the spaghetti until just done, not soft.
- Drain the pasta in a colander, place it in a large bowl, and while still warm, toss with 3/4 of the sauce.
- Add the red and yellow bell peppers and scallions; toss well.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- The remaining sauce may be added, as needed, to moisten the pasta.