Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Make and share this Szechuan Green String Beans recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups cooking oil, plus
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 3⁄4 lb string bean, trimmed and cleaned
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons ground pork
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sherry wine
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sugar
- 4 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sesame oil
- Heat 2 cups of the oil in a wok and add the beans.
- Fry for one minute or until soft.
- In a sauté pan, add the remaining oil and heat.
- Add the beans, garlic, minced pork, soy sauce, sherry, sugar and broth.
- Add the sesame oil and scallion, swirling to heat through.
- Our beans are extremely crisp, which makes all the difference.
Great base recipe. I made it with a few tweaks:
Boiled the beans for 4 minutes rather than frying them.
Used ham instead of ground pork.
Added a bit of corn starch to thicken the sauce at the end.
Doubled the recipe.
Loved this recipe! I omitted the pork though, and steamed the beans before sauteing them.
Just delicious. I left out the pork and all oils. Used Pam to spray the large skillet and "fry" the beans. Then added broth,extra soy sauce,garlic and sugar Covered for about 10 minutes. My family does not like "crist" beans so cooked them longer than suggested. Family and guests were very complimentary. Thanks ebechan.