1 hr 45 mins
This is one rice which rice loving people DO NOT want to miss:-)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 250 g long-grain basmati rice
- 1 carrot, washed, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup French beans, washed and finely chopped
- 1 medium green capsicum, washed, de-seeded and finely chopped
- 3 spring onions, washed and chopped
- 1 cup chicken, shredded
- 1/2 cup small shrimp, cooked
- 2 tablespoons soya sauce
- 1 tablespoon celery, washed, ends trimmed and chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon ajinomoto (Chinese salt) (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 -5 drops oil
- 1 garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup tinned mushrooms (washed, drained and chopped) (optional) or 1/2 cup fresh mushrooms, washed and chopped (optional)
- 1Put a tsp of oil in a vessel.
- 2Fry the onion till transparent.
- 3Add carrots, beans, capsicum, celery, spring onion and mushrooms, if desired.
- 4Cook for a few minutes until they begin to turn brown.
- 5Transfer to another vessel.
- 6Now, fry the chicken and prawns.
- 7Pour a little oil in the vessel.
- 8Add chopped garlic.
- 9When it turns brown, remove it and keep aside.
- 10Once the oil is flavoured with garlic, put the rice in the same vessel of oil.
- 11Fry it for 5 minutes.
- 12Add all the vegetables, chicken and prawns.
- 13Cook the rice in the chicken stock.
- 14When the rice is cooked, add all the sauces.
- 15Increase heat and fry for 5 minutes.
- 16Stir and serve hot.
- 17Hmm, dig in, what are you waiting for, eh?
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Szechuan Fried Rice
Serving Size: 1 (101 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 221.1
- Calories from Fat 13
- Total Fat 1.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 495.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 6.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: