1/1 Photo of Szechuan Dan Dan Noodles
I love Asian noodle dishes, especially the spicy ones! This one's just hot enough; add more heat if you like. I also like the flavor of both the sesame oil and sesame seeds in this dish, and I toast the seeds until they're nearly brown. This makes a nice and quick side dish for dinner, or a tasty light lunch.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb dried Chinese egg noodles (in a pinch, linguine will work)
- 1/2 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted,plus
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/2 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon shredded fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon szechuan chili paste
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar or 1 comparable sweetish rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or 2 tablespoons tamari soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons minced green onions, some green tops included
- 4 teaspoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1Cook the noodles until al dente, then drain and rinse with cold water; drain again and toss with the sesame oil and peanut oil.
- 2Combine the sauce ingredients and correct seasoning, adding more heat if you wish.
- 3Toss with the noodles and garnish with green onion and cilantro.
- 4This is traditionally served cold or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Szechuan Dan Dan Noodles
Serving Size: 1 (60 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 282.5
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 47.8 mg
- Sodium 516.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 9.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: