1/2 Photos of Szechuan Chicken
Why go out for Chinese food when it is this easy? Serve with rice or Asian noodles. To slice the chicken thin, freeze for 20 minutes or so first or if you are using chicken from the freezer, slice before it is completely thawed. It isn't as hot as you would expect from "Szechuan"--if you want it spicy hot--add more crushed red chilies.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb skinless chicken breast half
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 green onions, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 green pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 red pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup dry-roasted unsalted peanuts
- 1With knife held in slanting position, almost parallel to cutting surface, cut each chicken breast half crosswise into 1/2-inch thick slices.
- 2In medium bowl, combine soy sauce, sherry, cornstarch, ginger, sugar, and crushed red pepper; add chicken, tossing to coat.
- 3In wok or large non-stick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat until very hot.
- 4Add green onions and red and green peppers and cook, stirring frequently, until vegetables are tender-crisp, 2 to 3 minutes.
- 5With slotted spoon transfer vegetables to bowl.
- 6Increase heat to high and add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to skillet; heat until very hot.
- 7Add chicken mixture and stir-fry until chicken looses its pink color throughout, 2 to 3 minutes. (I suggest cutting one of the larger pieces to make sure it is cooked through.).
- 8Return vegetables to pan; heat through.
- 9To serve, transfer chicken and vegetables to warm platter and sprinkle with peanuts.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Szechuan Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (230 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 302.7
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 12.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 65.8 mg
- Sodium 584.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 30.3 g