1/6 Photos of Sweet & Spicy Cashew Chicken
This is a fabulous stirfry - a little sweet, a little (or a lot!) hot, and loaded with veggies and chicken! Yum! This is my adaptation of a recipe from the Best of Bridge cookbook series - A GREAT set of cookbooks!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 4 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce or 4 teaspoons regular soy sauce, your choice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/2-1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (depending on how much "heat" you can handle!)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 whole double boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 -3 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 medium bell pepper, any color,sliced into strips (2 small peppers can be used, to give more color contrast)
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced on diagonal
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1 1/2 cups cashews
- sesame seeds, toasted
- 1Combine sauce ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- 2In a large plastic resealable baggie, combine cornstarch, sugar and salt; Add chicken chunks, seal baggie and shake to coat chicken in cornstarch mixture.
- 3Heat wok or large frying pan on high and add oil; heat to hot, but not smoking.
- 4Add chicken pieces, garlic, ginger and onion, stirring until chicken is lightly cooked on the outside (about 1 minute).
- 5Add bell pepper, mushrooms, and carrots; stir 2-3 minutes until softened.
- 6Add snow peas and sauce, cooking until sauce comes to a boil.
- 7Add cashews and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- 8Serve immediately, over rice if you'd like-- YUM!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet & Spicy Cashew Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (323 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 518.3
- Calories from Fat 266
- Total Fat 29.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 75.5 mg
- Sodium 1116.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 16.5 g
- Protein 33.4 g