Found this recipe from Heinz, quick, easy, simple and very tasty.Prep times includes marinating chicken.
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 500 g skinless chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 red capsicum, sliced
- 150 g snow peas, trimmed
- 430 g pineapple chunks, drained, juice reserved (natural juice)
- 420 g condensed chicken vegetable soup
- chives (optional) or spring onion (optional)
- Combine soy, vinegar, cornflour and sugar and blend well.
- Add chicken and marinate in refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Drain chicken and reserve marinade.
- Heat oil in a large pan and cook chicken, in small batches, over a high heat for 5 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add onion to pan and cook for 2 minutes. Add capsicum and cook for a further 2 minutes. Stir in snow peas, pineapple pieces, 1/3 cup reserved pineapple juice, the soup, reserved marinade and chicken. Mix well.
- Bring to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes, or until chicken is tender and sauce thickened.
- Serve with steamed rice and garnish with chives or spring onions.