Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
We used extra firm tofu in this dish which is totally vegetarian. A nice change from the usual. Recipe loosely based on a Tyler Florence recipe. Very tasty! Great for a mid-week recipe.;)
- 1 pint fresh steamed white rice or 1 pint leftover chinese restaurant take-out rice
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 14 ounces extra firm tofu, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 lb Baby Spinach
- 4 1⁄4 ounces button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 3 1⁄4 ounces snow peas, trimmed
- 6 broccoli florets, chopped
- 1 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek chili paste
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1⁄2 bunch scallion, sliced into small rounds
- Heat up a large wok or skillet over medium heat.
- Add a 2-count of sesame oil and saute garlic, ginger & crushed red pepper flakes, until fragrant.
- Add the tofu and gently toss until lightly browned, some tofu will break down a little which is fine.
- In a mixing bowl combine the soy sauce, honey,& sambal and add to the skillet with tofu, ginger, garlic, & crushed red pepper flakes.
- Stir together until well combined.
- Once the tofu is golden add the spinach, mushrooms, broccoli florets & snow peas and saute gently for 2 minutes tossing to combine.
- Continue to cook until heated through.
- Take the cooked rice and fold into the sauce.
- Give it a good toss then garnish with some fresh chopped scallions.