1/1 Photo of Sweet and Sour Shrimp Fried Rice
A delicious, healthy stir fry that is also low-fat! From the Beauty Food Cookbook. Hope you enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup brown basmati rice
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 small carrots
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1 green onion
- fresh ginger (walnut size piece)
- 1/4 large fresh pineapple
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons grated unsweetened coconut
- 4 ounces bean sprouts
- 6 ounces shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- soy sauce
- 1In a saucepan, stir the rice over medium high heat until lightly toasted.
- 2Add the water and salt and bring to a boil.
- 3Cover tightly and simmer over low heat for 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- 4Meanwhile, wash, trim and peel the carrots, then cut into slices.
- 5Halve the bell pepper, remove the seeds, rinse and cut into squares.
- 6Trim the green onion and cut into thin rings.
- 7Peel the ginger and cut into very thin strips.
- 8Peel and halve the pineapple and cut away core and any brown spots.
- 9Chop flesh of pineapple.
- 10In a wok or large skillet, heat the oil over medium - high heat.
- 11Add the carrots, pepper, and green onion and stir-fry briefly.
- 12Then gradually add the coconut, ginger and bean sprouts sirring continuously.
- 13Add the cooked rice, pineapple and shrimp.
- 14Stir - fry until the shrimp just turns opaque.
- 15Season with soy sauce and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet and Sour Shrimp Fried Rice
Serving Size: 1 (544 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 603.0
- Calories from Fat 276
- Total Fat 30.7 g
- Saturated Fat 13.5 g
- Cholesterol 135.6 mg
- Sodium 1348.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.0 g
- Sugars 13.4 g
- Protein 26.1 g