1/2 Photos of Sweet and Sour Sauce
I love the pinkish red sweet and sour sauce that is served in Chinese restaurants...I have tried dozens of recipes and been disappointed so I made this one by trial and error...this is the closest I have come to getting that flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon msg
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1Over medium heat bring Part 1 ingredients to a boil.
- 2Mix Part 2 ingredients and add to boiling mixture.
- 3Cook until bubbly and thick.
- 4Remove from stove and add Part 3 ingredients.
- 5This will keep in the refrigerator for weeks.
- 6Room temperature ketchup mixes easier than refrigerated.
- 7Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet and Sour Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (96 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 137.5
- Calories from Fat 20
- Total Fat 2.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 139.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 26.7 g
- Protein 0.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: