1/3 Photos of Sweet and Sour Pork/Chicken
This is one of the most popular dish on our menu...right up there with General Tso's. The sauce in our version is not super sweet so adjust the amount of sugar to your taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chinese rice wine or 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 3/4 lb boneless pork, cut into 3/4 " pieces or 3/4 lb dark chicken meat, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili-garlic sauce
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- cooking oil, for deep frying
- 1/2 cup onion, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3/4 cup pineapple chunk
- 1 small bell pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1Combine 2 tbs soy sauce, 1 tbs rice wine, and meat in a bowl. Stir to coat & let marinate for at least 10 minutes.
- 2Mix in a small bowl, vinegar, brown sugar, ketchup, water, 1 tbs cornstarch, 2 tsp soy sauce, and chili garlic sauce. Set aside.
- 3Remove meat from marinade. Dip meat in egg wash, drain excess, then dredge in cornstarch and shake off the excess.
- 4In a wok or deep fryer, heat oil to 360 degrees. Fry meat a few pieces at a time to not drop temperature, turning occasionally until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Remove and drain on paper towel. Repeat process for remaining meat pieces.
- 5Sautee onions and bell peppers until onions are translucent, add sauce, cook sauce over medium-high heat, stirring, until boils and thickens then stir in pineapples and meat. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 6Place meat on a bed of rice & top with sauce.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet and Sour Pork/Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (268 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 349.0
- Calories from Fat 126
- Total Fat 14.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 109.8 mg
- Sodium 911.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 29.3 g
- Protein 19.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: