1/3 Photos of Sweet and Sour Pork Balls
Sue Lau's Note:
One of my daughter's fav meals.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For The Meat
For The Sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup dry sherry
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
For The Stirfry
- 1Mix pork with sesame oil, then add cornstarch, egg and soy sauce, ensuring that each is well encorporated.
- 2Prepare walnut-sized meatballs (keeping hands wet helps keep meat from sticking so bad) and store them on a plate.
- 3Prepare sauce by mixing cornstarch with cold water, then adding each of dry sherry, soy sauce, tomato paste, sugar, vinegar, and the liquid from the pineapple, making sure mixture is well blended.
- 4Heat oil in your wok and cook the meatballs until they are browned and cooked through; remove with a slotted spoon and drain.
- 5Add the onion, green pepper, and carrots to the oil in the wok, and stir-fry until they are crisp-tender.
- 6Briefly stir sauce before adding to pan, and bring all to a boil, stirring continuously.
- 7Add the meatballs and the pineapple, and stir-fry for several minutes more until everything is thickened and heated through; adjust thickening with cornstarch and water to your taste, if necessary.
- 8Serve with hot cooked rice.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet and Sour Pork Balls
Serving Size: 1 (402 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 662.8
- Calories from Fat 352
- Total Fat 39.2 g
- Saturated Fat 11.2 g
- Cholesterol 128.2 mg
- Sodium 2330.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 31.1 g
- Protein 26.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar