Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This has been a family favorite around here. I usually don't put in the green pepper(because I'm not a big fan of them). The kids love the sauce. I usually serve this with rice. ( I guessed at the 6 servings; I always just use the anount of pieces that I need and don't pay attention to the number of pounds of chicken that I have used.)
- 2 lbs chicken pieces
- oil (for frying)
- 1 green pepper
- 3 stalks celery, chopped finely
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup crushed pineapple (undrained)
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- vinegar (just a splash)
- Preheat oven to 350° Chop all vegetables.
- Coat chicken pieces with flour, salt and pepper.
- Brown on all sides in oil.
- Place in a baking pan.
- Mix together all remaining ingredients and pour over the chicken in baking pan.
- Bake one hour.
I make this regularly. Its easy and delicious. I use only chicken breast. I made it for a party and everyone wanted the recipe.
The sauce was REALLY great =D But i didn't like it when it was cooked with the meat. So next time im going to cook the meat all the way through and then pour the sauce on top =)