1 hr 10 mins
This is my son Matthew's favorite dish, which he used to request on his birthday. I love the flavor and it is oh-so-simple! If you like, you can also cut the chicken into strips instead of leaving the breasts whole.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place uncooked rice in 9 x 13 glass baking dish.
- 2Top with uncooked chicken breasts.
- 3Drain juice from pineapple into a bowl. Add the sweet and sour sauce and chicken broth. Mix to lightly to blend.
- 4Scatter peppers, onions and pineapple chunks over the chicken.
- 5Pour sweet and sour mixture over all.
- 6Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Remove foil in last 15 minutes of cooking.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Super Simple Sweet and Sour Chicken With Rice
Serving Size: 1 (268 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 375.2
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 45.6 mg
- Sodium 458.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 17.7 g
- Protein 23.8 g