Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is my son Matthew's favorite dish, which he used to request on his birthday. I love the flavor and it is oh-so-simple! If you like, you can also cut the chicken into strips instead of leaving the breasts whole.
- Place uncooked rice in 9 x 13 glass baking dish.
- Top with uncooked chicken breasts.
- Drain juice from pineapple into a bowl. Add the sweet and sour sauce and chicken broth. Mix to lightly to blend.
- Scatter peppers, onions and pineapple chunks over the chicken.
- Pour sweet and sour mixture over all.
- Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Remove foil in last 15 minutes of cooking.
i made this and my rice didnt cook, i triple checked the recipe and I am not sure what happened
This was really easy and tasted great!
This was a very easy casserole. We really enjoyed it. I cut the chicken into strips and used both red and green peppers. Thanks