This has a great garlic flavor and tastes delicious with or without the heaters!
Make and share this Stir-Fried Shrimp in Garlic Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb large shrimp, cleaned and deveined
- 3 1⁄2 cups assorted fresh vegetables, chopped (your choice)
- 1⁄3 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon chili paste (sambal oelek) (optional)
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry or 1 tablespoon sake
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 9 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 10 Thai chiles, stemmed and left whole (optional)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
- hot steamed rice
- In a small bowl, mix together chicken broth, vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, chile paste (if using) and sherry; set aside.
- In another small bowl or cup, stir together the tbsp of cornstarch with the 3 tbsp of water and set aside.
- Heat the oil over medium-high heat in a wok; add ginger and garlic and sizzle briefly, then add vegetables and Thai chilies (if using).
- Stir-fry vegetables for approximately 3 minutes, then add the shrimp.
- Cook the shrimp 2 minutes or until it curls and turns opaque or pink.
- Add the sauce mixture and cook 1 minute more; then stir in the thickener (briefly stir first) and stir-fry until mixture thickens, about 1 minute.
- Serve with hot cooked rice.