1/11 Photos of Stir-Fried Shrimp in Garlic Sauce
Sue Lau's Note:
This has a great garlic flavor and tastes delicious with or without the heaters!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb large shrimp, cleaned and deveined
- 3 1/2 cups assorted fresh vegetables, chopped (your choice)
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon chili paste (sambal oelek) (optional)
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry or 1 tablespoon sake
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 9 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 10 Thai chiles, stemmed and left whole (optional)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
- hot steamed rice
- 1In a small bowl, mix together chicken broth, vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, chile paste (if using) and sherry; set aside.
- 2In another small bowl or cup, stir together the tbsp of cornstarch with the 3 tbsp of water and set aside.
- 3Heat the oil over medium-high heat in a wok; add ginger and garlic and sizzle briefly, then add vegetables and Thai chilies (if using).
- 4Stir-fry vegetables for approximately 3 minutes, then add the shrimp.
- 5Cook the shrimp 2 minutes or until it curls and turns opaque or pink.
- 6Add the sauce mixture and cook 1 minute more; then stir in the thickener (briefly stir first) and stir-fry until mixture thickens, about 1 minute.
- 7Serve with hot cooked rice.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stir-Fried Shrimp in Garlic Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (293 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 216.5
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 190.9 mg
- Sodium 1613.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 23.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
assorted fresh vegetables
rice wine vinegar