1/1 Photo of Stir fried Garlic Beef with Broccoli
Broccoli and beef just seem to go together. This recipe with garlic just enriches the flavor
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb round steak, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons medium sherry (optional)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup lite olive oil (or other oil)
- 3/4 lb broccoli, cut into small flowerettes
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 4 green onions, cut into 1" lengths
- 1 1/2 cups small mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (or a bit more)
- salt and pepper
- 1Slice the steak very thinly, the easiest way to do this is to have it half frozen when you slice it.
- 2Put sliced steak in a bowl with the sherry, soy sauce and the cornstarch, and a little salt, let it rest for 20 minutes.
- 3Put 2 tbsp oil in a skillet.
- 4Add garlic, stir fry for 1-2 minutes.
- 5add mushrooms stir fry 2 minutes.
- 6Remove and keep warm.
- 7put 2 tbsp of oil in the skillet and stir fry the beef until nicely browned, remove and keep warm.
- 8Add 1 tbsp oil and stir fry the green onions for 1 min, remove and keep warm.
- 9Pour in the chicken stock, heat to bubbling add Broccoli cover and steam for 3- 4 minutes.
- 10remove lid and put all the ingredient together.
- 11Heat through but do not over cook.
- 12Serve over rice or noodles.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stir fried Garlic Beef with Broccoli
Serving Size: 1 (210 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 275.9
- Calories from Fat 164
- Total Fat 18.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 55.4 mg
- Sodium 413.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 19.2 g