Broccoli and beef just seem to go together. This recipe with garlic just enriches the flavor
Make and share this Stir fried Garlic Beef with Broccoli recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb round steak, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons medium sherry (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup lite olive oil (or other oil)
- 3⁄4 lb broccoli, cut into small flowerettes
- 1⁄4 cup chicken stock
- 4 green onions, cut into 1" lengths
- 1 1⁄2 cups small mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (or a bit more)
- salt and pepper
- Slice the steak very thinly, the easiest way to do this is to have it half frozen when you slice it.
- Put sliced steak in a bowl with the sherry, soy sauce and the cornstarch, and a little salt, let it rest for 20 minutes.
- Put 2 tbsp oil in a skillet.
- Add garlic, stir fry for 1-2 minutes.
- add mushrooms stir fry 2 minutes.
- Remove and keep warm.
- put 2 tbsp of oil in the skillet and stir fry the beef until nicely browned, remove and keep warm.
- Add 1 tbsp oil and stir fry the green onions for 1 min, remove and keep warm.
- Pour in the chicken stock, heat to bubbling add Broccoli cover and steam for 3- 4 minutes.
- remove lid and put all the ingredient together.
- Heat through but do not over cook.
- Serve over rice or noodles.
Absolutely wonderful!! I used Golden Lantern garlic flavoured Wok oil to stir fry this. I also added some cauliflower - WOW!! This is great - the meat is tender and the veggies come out crisp! I wasn't sure when to add the soya sauce - so I added it at the end with the final toss. As well, I found that I only needed 2 Tbsp of oil for the entire process. This is a keeper - I will make this again!!
FANTASTIC and so so simple! I had no sherry so i just used a bit of soy sauce and sprinkled a bit of seasoned garlic salt along with the cornstarch on the meat. It came out great. It was a smash hit. we won't need to be ordering takeout next time we get a craving for a good chinese dish. Thanks so much for posting.
I've made beef and broccoli before but the beef always turns out chewy and the broccoli over cooked. Follow this recipe and you shall have success. It is delicious.