Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Prepare everything ahead of time. Found this recipe on Wolfgang Puck's web site and it is very good. It is pretty time consuming but so worth the effort!
- 4 tablespoons peanut oil or 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 red onion, trimmed & cut into 4 wedges, layers separated
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch squares
- 2 heads baby bok choy, trimmed, cut lengthwise in quarters
- 1⁄4 lb chinese broccoli, stem & leaves separated, each cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1⁄4 lb chinese long beans, trimmed & cut into 1-inch pieces
- 5 scallions, cut diagonally into 1-inch pieces
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced & reserved for garnish
- 1⁄4 head napa cabbage, leaves cut crosswise into 1-inch strips
- 2⁄3 cup chicken broth or 2⁄3 cup stock or 2⁄3 cup vegetable broth or 2⁄3 cup water, heated
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, dissolved in 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- Heat a large wok or sauteé pan over high heat.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the oil.
- When the oil is hot, add the ginger, garlic, and chili flakes and stir-fry unil they are aromatic, about 30 seconds.
- Scoop out the aromatics and set them aside.
- Add the remaining oil to the wok.
- When it is hot, add the onion pieces & red bell pepper pieces and stir-fry until they turn glossy and bright, 1-2 minutes.
- Add the bok choy and the Chinese broccoli stem pieces.
- Stir-fry 1-2 minutes more.
- Add the long beans and the 1-inch scallion pieces.
- Continue stir-frying until they are bright green and glossy, 1-2 minutes more.
- Add the Napa cabbage and the Chinese broccoli leaves, along with 1/3 cup of the hot stock and the reserved aromatics.
- Continue stir-frying until the vegetables are all tender-crisp, about 2 minutes more.
- Add the remaining stock, soy sauce, and cornstarch mixture and stir-fry until vegetables all look slightly glazed with sauce, about 1 minute more.
- Transfer the stir-fried vegetables to a heated serving dish.
- Garnish with the sliced scallions and sesame seeds and serve immediately.