A great chinese vegetable side dish for such stir-fries as Mongolian Beef. Also goes well with Teriyaki steaks and chicken or any meat that needs a good healthy economical vegetable dish.
- Stir together rice wine, soy sauce, sesame oil, and ginger root in a small bowl; set aside.
- Heat the oil in a wok over medium-high heat.
- Add red pepper flakes and minced garlic, and stir-fry until it becomes aromatic but not scorched.
- Add shredded cabbage and stir-fry until limp, but not mushy.
- Add contents of seasoning bowl and cook, stirring, 1-2 minutes more, until liquid is almost absorbed.
- Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and serve.
Nice simple dish. I added a bit of onion powder to give it some depth. Thanks!
Easy and fast. Very tasty. It did end up a tad watery, but that is easy to fix. I added extra ginger, and instead of chili flakes I used half hot chili oil. I also added some shredded carrots I had on hand.
I wanted a recipe for the first chinese cabbage from my garden and this was perfect. Simple, tasty and the ginger tastes perfect.