Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
A delicious and simple chicken dish from Donna Hay's Cookbook titled "Flavours". Extremely simple, but taste oh so good.
- Place chilli, ginger, water, soya sauce, vinegar and sugar in a deep frying pan, and simmer over medium heat.
- Allow to simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add chicken wings and cook covered for 35 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Remove lid from pan and continue cooking for 25 minutes, turning the chicken pieces till it is cooked and well coated in the chilli sauce.
- Stir through the coriander leaves and serve with steamed rice and greens.
Oh my goodness, can I give these about 100 stars? Yes, they're THAT good! I'm usually not a fan of wings, but my husband is, so I made these for him. Extrememly easy to make, and the results are fabulous! Not overly spicy, like buffalo wings, it's a subtle spiciness. You could add more or less chilies if you wanted to. So, I made them for my husband, handed him the plate, and watched him INHALE them. I had to taste for myself. The meat is tender, juicy, and just falls off the bone...amazing. I kept swiping some for myself and making him mad, lol. He wated them all. Anyone that even remotely likes wings must try these. Even if you don't like wings, these will make you a convert! Thank you KM! (Pick Your Chef, Dec 2003)
These had really good flavour, but the wings looked... well kinda ugly when all was said and done. I added a cornstarch slurry to the sauce to thicken it, then put the wings back into the sauce. That was a good move. The thickened sauce was more of a glaze and coated the wings nicely, giving them a much better appearance. Thanks for a good recipe!
Oh my!!These were wonderful.Worthy of 100 stars llike leannr said!!I used boneless,skinless thigs and drumsticks.(4 total)They were saturated with flavor,husband wanted to know what was in this chicken cause it tasted soooo good and we all agreed KitchenManiac!After the sauce had boiled down to coat chicken I threw in some noodles to absorb all the leftovers and I'll tell you we were licking the pot!