I have not tried this. I was told that if I did it would make a fish eater out of me!! Don't know why but I just don't care for fish. Hope someone out there will try it and let me know if they liked it!!
- Place a rack in a wok or frypan with 1" water.
- Place fish in pyrex pie plate in a single layer.
- Spread black bean sauce over top and side of fish.
- Top with ginger and green onion.
- Drizzle oil over fish.
- Place pie plate on rack, cover and steam for about 12 minutes or until fish flakes easily.
- Remove and garnish with cilantro.
Very Nice. I didn't have peanut oil so used sesame oil. I also toasted some raw sesame seeds and sprinkled them on top as a garnish since I didn't have the cilantro.
thought this was just ok. used grouper and broiled it. not as flavorful as i'd hoped. thanks for posting tho.
Fantastic Fish!! We loved this simple recipe. I could not get any of my dishes inside of a pan that had a lid, so I'll have to get a steamer for this! Instead I made the fish as directed (using firm white fillets) and placed them under the broiler. Perfect! Also my black bean sauce was without garlic, so I stirred some crushed garlic into it. Loved the ginger pieces! Served with stir fryed vegetables. Yum!