1/3 Photos of Spicy Szechuan Peanut Sauce
A bowl of these spicy-peanutty noodles is so good. Asian-style comfort food. Serve hot in winter. Cool down and pair with veggies to make a fabulous salad in the summer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons grated gingerroot
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Asian chili sauce or 1 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (lemon at a pinch – use a little less)
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb noodles, of your choice
- finely chopped scallion
- chopped roasted unsalted peanuts
- 1Blend all ingredients in blender until smooth.
- 2Transfer to a jar with a tight-fitting lid (keeps 1 week, chilled; or distribute among 3 small containers and freeze what you dont want to use within a week).
- 3To use: Boil 1 lb Asian noodles or spaghetti until al dente.
- 4Toss with ¾ cup of sauce (or more to taste), finely chopped scallions and chopped peanuts.
- 5Note: In the winter, I eat these noodles hot.
- 6In summer I rinse under cold water, cool and drain and serve them as a spicy noodle salad, often adding shredded bok choy, carrots, snowpeas, lots more of the peanut sauce, etc.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Szechuan Peanut Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (1113 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1548.0
- Calories from Fat 739
- Total Fat 82.2 g
- Saturated Fat 16.1 g
- Cholesterol 153.4 mg
- Sodium 2693.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 158.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.9 g
- Sugars 15.5 g
- Protein 55.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Asian chili sauce