Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is fabulous and so easy! I don't even care for soy sauce that much, but this was wonderfully tender and sweet and spicy. You can use whole chicken legs instead of breasts if you prefer. This is a recipe from The Asian Grill that I modified quite a bit.
- Whisk together soy sauce and sugar until sugar dissolves.
- Add sesame oil, garlic, and scallion. Stir well.
- Poke several holes in each chicken breast so they can soak up the marinade.
- Place marinade and chicken in large plastic baggie, remove air, and shake to coat chicken in marinade.
- Refrigerate 3 1/2 hours, turning the bag about every half hour to redistribute the marinade.
- Prepare an indirect fire on a charcoal or gas grill (this is when you grill the meat, but not directly over the heat source, I used the 2nd rack near the top of my gas grill).
- Grill chicken, turning about every 5 minutes, until cooked through. Cooking times will vary depending on your cooking conditions. It took me about 25 minutes.
This is a different taste for chicken but very good! I think I would like it better with a little bit of spice. We used a cut up chicken, skinned, and just grilled longer. It came out tender and sweet. Thanks!