1/1 Photo of Spicy Sweet Chicken Marinated With Soy Sauce
4 hrs 10 mins
This is fabulous and so easy! I don't even care for soy sauce that much, but this was wonderfully tender and sweet and spicy. You can use whole chicken legs instead of breasts if you prefer. This is a recipe from The Asian Grill that I modified quite a bit.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Whisk together soy sauce and sugar until sugar dissolves.
- 2Add sesame oil, garlic, and scallion. Stir well.
- 3Poke several holes in each chicken breast so they can soak up the marinade.
- 4Place marinade and chicken in large plastic baggie, remove air, and shake to coat chicken in marinade.
- 5Refrigerate 3 1/2 hours, turning the bag about every half hour to redistribute the marinade.
- 6Prepare an indirect fire on a charcoal or gas grill (this is when you grill the meat, but not directly over the heat source, I used the 2nd rack near the top of my gas grill).
- 7Grill chicken, turning about every 5 minutes, until cooked through. Cooking times will vary depending on your cooking conditions. It took me about 25 minutes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Sweet Chicken Marinated With Soy Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (322 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 557.4
- Calories from Fat 256
- Total Fat 28.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 185.6 mg
- Sodium 1188.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 62.4 g