1 hr 20 mins
A wonderful and easy way to cook a 1-plate meal for two! It incorporates both Chinese and Malaysian style of cooking. The crispy anchovies are REALLY good! It will be waaay more yummy if you add some meat e.g. diced chicken, pork or shrimps.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 100 g rice noodles or 100 g vermicelli
- 2 cups Chinese cabbage
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 3 pieces shiitake mushrooms (about 1 cup)
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup dried shrimp
- 1/2 cup anchovy (we call it ikan bilis in malaysia) (optional)
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon shrimp paste (belacan powder)
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- soy sauce, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- salt, to taste
- chili flakes, to taste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 small eggs
- 1Soak noodles in cold water for 1/2 hour or warm water for 15mins, then drain.
- 2Beat eggs with fork in a small bowl, with a pinch of salt and black pepper.
- 3Spray non-stick frying pan with cooking spray and fry beaten eggs.
- 4Remove and slice egg into strips.
- 5Heat canola oil in non-stick frying pan.
- 6Once hot, fry anchovies until golden brown and fragrant.
- 7Remove and use kitchen paper towel to soak up excess oil from anchovies.
- 8Still using the remaining oil, saute garlic, onions and dried shrimps for approx 2 minutes over medium heat, until fragrant.
- 9Add cabbage, sprouts and mushrooms, saute for 1-2 minutes (until half-cooked).
- 10Add curry powder, belacan powder, black pepper, oyster sauce, chilli flakes, continue to stir fry.
- 11Add pre-soaked noodle and stir-fry until noodles are cooked.
- 12Add soy sauce (i use about 1 tablespoon), stir-fry until sauce is well-incorporated in noodles (you may want to taste noodles before adding too much soy sauce).
- 13Top with crispy anchovies and sliced egg-strips before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Stir-Fried Rice Noodle
Serving Size: 1 (213 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 486.1
- Calories from Fat 225
- Total Fat 25.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 141.3 mg
- Sodium 407.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 10.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: