1/2 Photos of Spicy Stir Fried Chicken in Hoisin Sauce
larry #2's Note:
A recipe created by me that a friend, formerly from Hong Kong, cooked it, and said, "it was great" :-)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 3/4 lbs chicken breasts, defatted
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup scallion, green and white parts, sliced diagonally
- 2 (16 ounce) bags stir fry vegetables
- 1 lb whole mushroom
- 1/4 cup fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1/2 cup garlic, minced
- 4 whole green bell peppers, seeded and julienned
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1In a mixing bowl, combine soy sauce, sherry and cornstarch. Add the chicken and toss until coated. Let chicken stand in marinade for at least 10 minutes (while getting ingredients in bowls).
- 2In a sprayed+oiled wok or saute pan, heat the vegetable oil over high heat until just smoking.
- 3Add the scallions and ginger, and stir-fry for about 30 seconds.
- 4Add the chicken, reserving any remaining marinade, and stir-fry for about 5 minutes, until the chicken is just done.
- 5Add the vegetables+mushrooms, green peppers and stir-fry for another minute.
- 6Add the hoisin sauce, sherry, salt and black pepper, and combine.
- 7Add sesame oil to the marinade remaining in the bowl, stir it, and add to the wok.
- 8Toss to blend well and BOIL, then simmer until slightly thickened. TASTE? Remove from the heat, drizzle with the sesame oil .
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Stir Fried Chicken in Hoisin Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (299 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 453.3
- Calories from Fat 190
- Total Fat 21.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 64.0 mg
- Sodium 1339.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 8.0 g
- Protein 26.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
stir fry vegetables