Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Found this recipe on the RecipesLive website. This sounds like it'll be quick and easy and delicious.
- 300 g udon noodles, uncooked
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 20 ml grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced fresh
- 1 bunch green onion, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 120 g fresh shiitake mushrooms, stemmed & sliced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sambal oelek (ground fresh chili paste)
- 315 g lite silken extra firm tofu, cut into cubes
- 4 cups bok choy, sliced, stalks removed
- 1⁄3 cup cilantro, chopped
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add the noodles and cook until tender; 8 to 10 minutes.
- Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, place the 1/3 cup water, ginger and garlic in a large soup pot.
- Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Add the onions and mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the broth, soy sauce, and chili paste. Cover and bring to a boil.
- Add the tofu and bok choy and cook for 2 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and add the cooked noodles and cilantro.
- Stir to mix.
- Serve at once.
This lacked flavor. If I was to make again I would add additional seasoning.
This did not have a lot of flavor. I was expecting something with a little spice, but in fact it was bland, even with double the sambal oelek (and I don't eat things really spicy). I was also confused about the amount of ginger. ml are a liquid volume measurement. Also there are no indications of cooking temperature. Overall, this wasn't bad, but I won't make it again.