Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A lively, tongue-tingling dish!
Make and share this Spicy Chicken Stir Fry, # 3 recipe from Food.com.
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced into short strips
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 green onions, diced
- 1 eggplant, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1⁄2 yellow onion, diced
- olive oil or fire oil
- soba noodles
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup rice wine
- 1 orange, juice of
- 4 tablespoons chili-garlic sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 2 teaspoons Thai seasoning (hulled sesame seeds, crushed red pepper, coriander, minced onions, paptrika, minced garlic, nutmeg,)
- 1 pinch sesame seeds
- Combine all ingredients for marinade.
- Reserve about 1/4 of mixture in separate container.
- Add chicken and let sit for at least an hour.
- Put pan or wok over medium-high heat.
- Add fire oil/olive oil combo until sizzling.
- Add green onions and garlic.
- Add chicken mixture and simmer until chicken is no longer pink.
- Add eggplant, zucchini and onion; add reserved marinade as necessary.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes, until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Cook soba noodles in boiling water 2- 3 minutes.
- Remove and drain; add noodles to vegetable-chicken mixture and cook 2 minutes longer.
Beware when cooking with fire oil!! The food tasted incredible. It was spicy but still had a lot of flavor.
The best! I've made this twice now with no additions, just added more veggies, and that doesn't really change the recipe. It is indeed very spicy, especially because I use fire oil!!
This dish is not for the faint of tongue! I love spicy food and it was almost too much for me. I used Enoki and Shitake mushrooms in place of the eggplant and I added some shrimp too. It was delicious. Vegetarians could add more more vegetables and this would be a delicious meatless dish. The sauce made 1 1/3 cups and I reserved 1/2 cup to stir fry with. If you were to use just veggies this would probably be just the right amount. The Soba noodles helped with the heat some.