This is a great addition to your dinner plans for when you want Chinese, but don't want to make the trip to town! You can make this with chicken, beef, pork, or you can make a vegetarian version if you prefer. Anyway I make it, my family and I really enjoy it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast, cut into strips or
- 1 lb skirt steaks or 1 lb flank steak, cut across the grain or
- 1 lb pork loin, cut into cubes
- 3 (3 ounce) packages ramen noodles, with seasoning packets (oriental, chicken, beef, or pork)
- 2 -2 1/2 cups water
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1In large skillet or wok heat oil over medium to high heat.
- 2Add meat and saute (or wok) until no longer pink in the middle and completely done. If you wish to make your dish vegetarian, substitute meat with 2 cups of washed and pared vegetables; such as, onions, mushrooms, bean sprouts, sugar snap peas, etc. Be sure and use the vegetarian version of the ramen noodles.
- 3Break noodles into pieces and add to the meat along with seasoning packets, water (start with 2 cups) and remaining ingredients.
- 4Bring ingredients to a boil, stirring and adding more water if necessary.
- 5Continue to stir occasionally and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, until noodles are desired tenderness.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Speedy Chinese Lo Mein
Serving Size: 1 (404 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 673.2
- Calories from Fat 314
- Total Fat 34.8 g
- Saturated Fat 11.9 g
- Cholesterol 138.3 mg
- Sodium 752.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 56.2 g