Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a great addition to your dinner plans for when you want Chinese, but don't want to make the trip to town! You can make this with chicken, beef, pork, or you can make a vegetarian version if you prefer. Anyway I make it, my family and I really enjoy it!
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast, cut into strips or
- 1 lb skirt steaks or 1 lb flank steak, cut across the grain or
- 1 lb pork loin, cut into cubes
- 3 (3 ounce) packages ramen noodles, with seasoning packets (oriental, chicken, beef, or pork)
- 2 -2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- In large skillet or wok heat oil over medium to high heat.
- Add meat and saute (or wok) until no longer pink in the middle and completely done. If you wish to make your dish vegetarian, substitute meat with 2 cups of washed and pared vegetables; such as, onions, mushrooms, bean sprouts, sugar snap peas, etc. Be sure and use the vegetarian version of the ramen noodles.
- Break noodles into pieces and add to the meat along with seasoning packets, water (start with 2 cups) and remaining ingredients.
- Bring ingredients to a boil, stirring and adding more water if necessary.
- Continue to stir occasionally and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, until noodles are desired tenderness.
I really enjoyed this! I used firm tofu in place of meat, fresh ginger instead of ground dried, and made a quick teriyaki sauce to cook everything in, I chose not to use the seasoning packet since the soy sauce is usually salty enough for us. Nice flavor, and great idea. I do think a few more veggies is better and will add additional next time. Thank you! Made for Unreviewed Asian Tag
This was quick to make once I gathered everything together. I left out the pork and used only two packages of the noodles, we really liked it, but next time we will increase the number of veggies.