Just like Chinese take out. This is delicious served with Sticky Rice, Chinese Fried Rice or Chinese Egg Noodles.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb spareribs, cut into bite size pieces
- vegetables or peanut oil (for deep frying)
- 3 tablespoons Chinese white rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato ketchup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 green pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 small onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 small carrot, finely sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped gingerroot
- 3 ounces pineapple chunks
- 1combine the marinade ingredients in a bowl.
- 2add spareribs, let marinade for at least 20 minutes.
- 3in a bowl, mix together the vinegar, sugar, soy sauce, and ketchup, set aside.
- 4heat enough oil in wok to deep fry spareribs.
- 5deep fry ribs for about 8 minutes.
- 6drain and set aside.
- 7remove all but 1 tablespoon of oil from wok.
- 8then stir fry the green pepper, onion, and carrot for about 3 minutes, remove from wok and set aside.
- 9add 1 tablespoon of oil to wok.
- 10fry the garlic and ginger root until fragrant.
- 11add the sauce mixture, bring to a boil.
- 12add the pineapple chunks, let boil for about 2 minutes.
- 13add the ribs, bell pepper, onion, and carrot.
- 14stir until warn through, and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spareribs in Sweet-N-Sour Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (224 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 563.1
- Calories from Fat 356
- Total Fat 39.5 g
- Saturated Fat 13.3 g
- Cholesterol 137.1 mg
- Sodium 1202.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 12.4 g
- Protein 35.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Chinese white rice vinegar