Prep 40 mins
Cook 15 mins
Just like Chinese take out. This is delicious served with Sticky Rice, Chinese Fried Rice or Chinese Egg Noodles.
- 1 lb spareribs, cut into bite size pieces
- vegetables or peanut oil (for deep frying)
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch white pepper
- 3 tablespoons Chinese white rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato ketchup
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 green pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 small onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 small carrot, finely sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely chopped gingerroot
- 3 ounces pineapple chunks
- combine the marinade ingredients in a bowl.
- add spareribs, let marinade for at least 20 minutes.
- in a bowl, mix together the vinegar, sugar, soy sauce, and ketchup, set aside.
- heat enough oil in wok to deep fry spareribs.
- deep fry ribs for about 8 minutes.
- drain and set aside.
- remove all but 1 tablespoon of oil from wok.
- then stir fry the green pepper, onion, and carrot for about 3 minutes, remove from wok and set aside.
- add 1 tablespoon of oil to wok.
- fry the garlic and ginger root until fragrant.
- add the sauce mixture, bring to a boil.
- add the pineapple chunks, let boil for about 2 minutes.
- add the ribs, bell pepper, onion, and carrot.
- stir until warn through, and serve immediately.
The sauce on these was perfect and I would definitely make these again. Added a little sriracha sauce and this helped to spice things up abit.