Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 40 mins
Cook 15 mins
Just like Chinese take out. This is delicious served with Sticky Rice, Chinese Fried Rice or Chinese Egg Noodles.
- 1 lb spareribs, cut into bite size pieces
- vegetables or peanut oil (for deep frying)
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch white pepper
- 3 tablespoons Chinese white rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato ketchup
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 green pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 small onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 small carrot, finely sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely chopped gingerroot
- 3 ounces pineapple chunks
- combine the marinade ingredients in a bowl.
- add spareribs, let marinade for at least 20 minutes.
- in a bowl, mix together the vinegar, sugar, soy sauce, and ketchup, set aside.
- heat enough oil in wok to deep fry spareribs.
- deep fry ribs for about 8 minutes.
- drain and set aside.
- remove all but 1 tablespoon of oil from wok.
- then stir fry the green pepper, onion, and carrot for about 3 minutes, remove from wok and set aside.
- add 1 tablespoon of oil to wok.
- fry the garlic and ginger root until fragrant.
- add the sauce mixture, bring to a boil.
- add the pineapple chunks, let boil for about 2 minutes.
- add the ribs, bell pepper, onion, and carrot.
- stir until warn through, and serve immediately.
The sauce on these was perfect and I would definitely make these again. Added a little sriracha sauce and this helped to spice things up abit.