Using skirt steak instead of beef round strips ensures a moist, flavorful meal. Yummy and quick. Serve with your favorite rice.
- 8 ounces trimmed skirt steaks
- 3 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 scallion, trimmed, minced
- 1 -2 tablespoon finely slivered pared fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup julienned red bell pepper
- 2 ounces snow peas, strings removed (about 15)
- 4 ears bottled baby corn, cut lengthwise in half
- 1 tablespoon oriental oyster sauce
- If there's time, place steak in freezer for 10-20 minutes to make slicing easier. Holding knife at 45-degree angle, thinly slice steak. Toss steak with 1 t. soy sauce in small bowl and let stand 10-20 minutes (while preparing vegetables).
- Heat large wok or skillet over high heat 30 seconds. Add oil and swirl to coat surface. Heat just until oil starts to smoke. Add scallion, ginger, and garlic and heat until fragrant, about 20 seconds. Add beef and stir-fry until lightly browned, about 1 minute. Add pepper and peas and stir-fry just until pepper wilts, about 20 seconds. Stir in corn, remaining 2 t. soy sauce, and the oyster sauce. Cook and stir just until meat is cooked through, about 1 minute. Serve at once with rice.
This was very good. Liked the way the bell pepper kinda made the dish. A great contrast with the soy sauce that just went together perfectly. If you have everything ready before you start cooking, this goes together FAST. Great dish served over rice!! FYI- I asked the butcher for "skirt steaks" and he said that they are sometimes listed as "fajita steaks". Thanks-again. Made for Unrated Asian Recipes,2009.