1/2 Photos of Sizzling Rice Soup
Queen Dragon Mom's Note:
I was surprised to find that this recipe isn't posted. We love this and always look forward to it. Crispy Rice is a separate recipe.#112338
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 large dried black mushrooms, stems removed
- 1 medium boneless skinless chicken breast (about 6 ounces)
- 1 1/4 inches fresh ginger, peeled
- 1/4 cup barbecued pork or 1/4 cup cooked ham
- 4 ounces shrimp
- 1/4 cup canned bamboo shoot
- 1/4 cup canned water chestnut
- 5 cups chicken stock or 5 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup reserved mushroom liquid
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons rice wine or 1 1/2 teaspoons dry sherry
- salt and pepper
- 3 -5 drops sesame oil
- crispy rice (see directions for recipe)
- vegetable oil, for deep-frying
- 1Soak mushrooms in hot water for about 20 minutes.
- 2Strain the liquid and reserve 1 cup for the soup.
- 3Cut mushrooms into quarters.
- 4Cut the water chestnuts and bamboo shoots into thin slices.
- 5Bring a pot of water to boil.
- 6Add the chicken and ginger and briefly blanch the chicken, just until it changes color.
- 7Drain and cut the chicken into thin slices.
- 8Bring the chicken stock or broth and the reserved mushroom liquid to a boil.
- 9Add the chicken and pork, shrimp and the vegetables.
- 10Let simmer for a few minutes, then add the soy sauce, sherry, and the salt and pepper.
- 11Drizzle with the sesame oil.
- 12Bring back to a boil and then let simmer for a few more minutes.
- 13Place the soup in a large serving bowl and keep warm.
- 14Heat wok and add oil for deep-frying.
- 15When oil is ready, add the Crispy Rice.
- 16Deep-fry until it puffs and turns brown, then drain on paper towels.
- 17Add the rice to the soup at the table, so that guests can hear the rice make popping sounds when added to the broth.
Browse Our Top Chinese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sizzling Rice Soup
Serving Size: 1 (354 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 144.3
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 54.2 mg
- Sodium 509.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 14.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: