Sara 76's Note:
This works best with rice that has been prepared earlier, then completely chilled in the fridge. From Jamie Oliver's Ministry Of Food.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- sea salt
- black pepper, freshly ground
- 200 g long grain rice (or basmati rice)
- 230 g sirloin steaks (or rump steak)
- fresh ginger, thumb-sized piece
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 fresh red chili
- 2 spring onions
- 1 small bunch fresh coriander
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons black bean sauce, good quality
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 limes
- 1 egg, free range
- 1TO PREPARE YOUR STIR-FRY:.
- 2Bring a pan of salted water to the boil, add the rice and cook according to the packet instructions.
- 3Drain the rice in a sieve, run it under a cold tap to cool, then allow to dry out in the fridge.
- 4Trim any excess fat from your steak and slice the meat into finger sized strips.
- 5Peel and finely slice the ginger and garlic.
- 6Finely slice the chili.
- 7Cut the ends off your spring onions and finely slice.
- 8Pick the coriander leaves and put to one side, and finely chop the coriander stalks.
- 9Get yourself a big bowl and put in the ginger, garlic, chilli, spring onions, coriander stalks and steak strips.
- 10Add the sesame oil and mix everything together.
- 11TO COOK YOUR STIR-FRY:.
- 12Preheat a wok or large frying pan on a high heat and once it's very, very hot add a good splash of groundnut oil and swirl it around.
- 13Add all your chopped ingredients from the bowl.
- 14Give the pan a really good shake to mix everything around quickly.
- 15Stir-fry for 2 minutes, taking care to keep everything moving so it doesn't burn.
- 16Add the blackbean sauce, and stir in 1 tablespoon of soy sauce and the juice of half a lime.
- 17Keep tossing.
- 18Taste and season with black pepper and a little more soy sauce, if required.
- 19Remove the pan from the heat, transfer everything to a bowl and cover with tin foil.
- 20Give the pan a quick wipe with a ball of kitchen paper and put back on the heat.
- 21Add some groundnut oil and swirwl it around.
- 22Crack in your egg and add a tb soy sauce - the egg will cook very quickly so keep sstirring.
- 23Once it's scrambled, stir in your chilled rice, scraping the sides and the bottom of the pan as you go.
- 24Keep mixing for a few minutes until the rice is steaming hot, then taste and season with a little soy sauce if required.
- 25TO SERVE YOUR STIR-FRY:.
- 26Divide the rice between two bowls or plates.
- 27Spoon over the meat and black bean sauce and sprinkle over with coriander leaves.
- 28Serve with wedges of lime.2.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sizzling Beef With Spring Onions & Black Bean Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (367 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 942.4
- Calories from Fat 388
- Total Fat 43.2 g
- Saturated Fat 13.1 g
- Cholesterol 218.4 mg
- Sodium 1632.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 90.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 46.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
black bean sauce