Obviously of Southeast Asian roots, this dish is now on the menus of many Chinese restaurants everywhere. Its a good illustration of Chinese cooking as a growing craft-expanding and changing, ever eager to incorporate other ethnic ifluences in its repertoire. The Barbecued Pork called for in the recipe use "Country Coleslaw" and for the Thickened Stock use "Slow Cooker Stew"
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb rice stick noodles (dry)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1/3 lb small raw shrimp, shelled
- 1/4 barbecued pork, cut in thin strips
- 3/4 cup celery, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 1/2 cup green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 cup quick thickened stock (see my recipe for stock)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 cups bean sprouts, tightly packed
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- black pepper, to taste
- 1cover noodles with warn water and soak until soft, about 15 minutes, drain and set aside.
- 2heat nonstick skillet over medium heat, pour in eggs and swirl to form thin layer on bottom. flip eggs and cook other side briefly. cut omelette into thin strips and set aside.
- 3heat 2 teaspoons oil in large nonstick skillet or wok over high heat. add shrimp and stir fry for 1 minute. add barbecued pork and celery and stir fry for 1 minute. remove from heat and stir in green onions and egg strips. remove mixture from pan.
- 4heat remaining 2 teaspoons oil in same pan over medium heat. add curry powder and stir for 20 seconds. add noodles and toss well. add thickened stock and soy sauce ans stir to mix well. cover and cook 2 minutes.
- 5add shrimp and pork mixture, mix well and cook over med-high heat until moisture is completely absorbed. add bean sprouts and toss to mix.
- 6garnish with cilantro and season with freshly ground pepper if desired.
- 7serve immediately.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Singapore Stir-Fried Noodles
Serving Size: 1 (216 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 370.7
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 211.1 mg
- Sodium 376.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 21.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: